Recruitment 2024



A student / PhD student who is a citizen of the European Union and Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein (EFTA Member States) has the right to healthcare services which become necessary for medical reasons during a stay in a Member State other than the country of insurance / residence, taking into considiration the nature of these benefits and the estimated duration of stay on Polish territory, on the terms applicable to the insured Polish student. A student / PhD student is required to present a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or EHIC Replacement Certificate. The holder of the EHIC (or the certificate mentioned above) is also entitled to guaranteed health services in the field of dental treatment, supply of orthopedic items and ancillary equipment, as well as to receive reimbursed drugs on the same terms as apply to people insured in Poland, if they are they considered necessary by the doctor during the patient's stay on the territory of Poland. If you do not have an EHIC or certificate, your healthcare provider may charge you the cost of treatment.

A student/ PhD student considered to be of Polish origin in the light of the Repatriation Act (will present to the Academy a certificate issued by the Polish consul in the country of residence) and is not a citizen of the European Union and Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein (EFTA Member States) may individually conclude a contract with the NFZ (National Health Fund) and report this fact to the Dean's Office within 7 days, then the Academy pays the fees.

Students/ PhD students- citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, the Russian Federation and Serbia, i.e. countries with which Poland is bound by relevant bilateral social security agreements / arrangements or cooperation in the field of health protection who reside legally in Poland (i.e. in particular on the basis of valid visas) may benefit from necessary healthcare services in the event of a sudden illness or accident. The costs of such services are covered by the Ministry of Health.

A student / PhD student who is not of Polish origin and is not a citizen of a Member State of the European Union and Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein (EFTA member states) or the other countries mentioned above, may individually conclude contracts with the NFZ for the use of health services and pay contributions (about PLN 50 a month). To conclude such a contract, student must have a academy certificate confirming student status. After choosing a primary care physician, foreign students the same rights as a Polish student.

A foreign student/ PhD student may also conclude health insurance contracts with any insurance company that has such insurance offer and pay contributions themselves.


mgr Anna Kowalska

tel. 58 346 34 96 wew. 16 oraz
tel. 533 031 759
Gdańsk, ul. Targ Węglowy 6, pok. 210