The "Performance Art in Theory and Praxis" course will be organized in a hybrid formula, combining the remotely implemented part with the stationary.
I. Online lectures and Q&A sessions will introduce the history, theory and current activities in the field of performance art.
II. Onsite classes – will be based on working with your own body – the psychophysical condition of the artist, using technologies or activism, socially engaged art, oscillating on the border of visual arts and theater.
The course will end with a performance show.
III. The practical course will be accompanied by a cultural program We will offer students a number of activities to popularize Polish culture and art.
- the course will take place in the second half of June 2023 (06-09.06.2023- online part, 12-17.06.2023 on-site part at the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk)
- the course will be free of charge,
- the participant will receive a certificate,
- it is possible to gain 3 ECTS points after completing this course,
- it's both for the Erasmus+ students spending the exchange semester at our Academy and for other international students,
- materials for the course are fully covered,
- for interested students, we will provide accommodation for the 11-18th of June 2023,
Rules of application: details on https://en.asp.gda.pl/academy/international-relations-office/spinaker/admission,1165
Please keep in mind that if there are more students interested in the course than available places, we will make the decision on the basis of the portfolios of the candidates.
The project "stART in Gdańsk" is implemented under the program of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange – SPINAKER – Intensive International Education Programs. The program is financed from the non-competition project no. POWR.03.03.00-00-PN16 / 18 "Supporting the institutional capacity of Polish universities through the creation and implementation of international study programs" under the Knowledge Education Development Operational Program.