Applications of incoming students must reach the Academy of Fine Arts on the following dates:
Winter semester or the whole academic year – from 1st of May until 31st of May
Summer semester - from 1st of October until 30th of October
HOW TO APPLY TO THE ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS IN GDAŃSK?
The student exchange recruitment process at the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk is online and requires three steps:
- Candidate’s registration in ASP Akademus system.
- Filling and submitting the application.
- Nomination by sending institution.
1. STEP ONE – REGISTRATION
Before registration read carefully all the instructions below:
Register to our Akademus system through the EXCHANGE tab:
Which edition to choose?
Erasmus+ KA131 – if you are an Erasmus+ student and your grant is paid by your home institution
Erasmus+ KA171 – if you are an Erasmus+ student and your grant is funded by ASP in Gdańsk (Ukraine, Georgia, Montenegro, Israel)
Bilateral agreements – if your exchange with ASP is based on another (outside Erasmus+) bilateral agreement with your home institution
Mind that the name of the edition (winter/summer) always refers to the SEMESTER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR (not the current one).
2. STEP TWO – FILLING AND SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
Exchange application – steps to follow:
- Log in to your Akademus account: https://akademus.asp.gda.pl/login/
- From the tab bar on your left choose Details
- Fill in all the required fields using the buttons: Edit, change and Add
- From the tab bar on your left choose Exchange → choose nominations
- Click on the field with your name using left mouse button → choose details (in this field you’ll be able to check if your nomination was confirmed by your Coordinator)
- Change the table tab from status to application and click on the green button add application
- Change the table tab to documents → add copies of all the necessary documents listed there
- Change the table tab to additional details → fill all the required fields using the change buttons
- Once you make sure you filled everything correctly press Finish editing and submit button on the bottom of the page
While filling in the application, you will need to attach:
- portfolio in .pdf format (max. size is 2 MB, so please make sure the photos you add are in screen resolution)
The portfolio should include documentation of your artistic achievements. Please keep in mind that you should present mostly the works / projects connected with the field of study that you apply for!
Candidates for Architecture and Design: works created within the cycle of studies should contain the year of study for which the work was created and a brief description explaining the idea, purpose or special features of the presented works.
- english language certificate
A document generated from OLS or issued by your home university or other authorized institution.
Requirements for photography:
- size 20x25mm (236×295pxl for 300dpi)
- the face should cover 70-80 per cent of the photo area
- good quality
- current appearance
- no hat or dark glasses
- plain, light background
3. STEP THREE – NOMINATION BY SENDING INSTITUTION
How to get a NOMINATION?
Once you register, your Coordinator needs to log in to Akademus system through their Institution account and assign you a nomination. Should you have any questions, please contact our International Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that:
- Admission criteria mostly base on the artistic quality of a portfolio.
- There are limits of students in some classes and studios, so not all the courses of your interest may be available to you.
- The Academy reserves the right to accept a limited amount of applicants.
Courses catalogues are to be found here.