A student may transfer to the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk from another school, including a foreign one, to the same or related field of study. The transfer requires the approval of the Dean of the Faculty expressed in a decision, as well as the fulfillment of all obligations resulting from the regulations required at the school that the Student leaves.
How to move to the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk?
A student who wants to transfer to the Academy of Fine Arts (ASP) in Gdańsk from another school should:
Deliver in person or by mail an application for transfer to the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk till June 15 2020 (application – download).
The application should be submitted to the Education Organization Section (SOK) of the relevant Faculty.
In the application, the candidate describes his current situation at the academy and justifies his request. It is important to include a contact number and e-mail address.
The candidate attaches to the application the approval of the Dean to transfer to the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk.
The conditions for transferring a student to the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk for the chosen field are determined by the Council of Faculties.
- Faculty of Architecture and Design – download
- Faculty of Graphic Arts – download
- Faculty of Painting – download
- Faculty of Sculpture and Intermedia – download
Documents required from students qualified for admission to studies under the transfer
- Personal Questionnaire – application form for admission, with a permanently attached photo, signed by the candidate.
- Documents confirming education: a photocopy of the secondary school-leaving examination certificate or a photocopy of the BA diploma; certified by the home university or the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk or a notary.
- A photocopy of the ID card (both sides) or passport (for foreigners), certified by the candidate's university or the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk or a notary.
- Index or certified photocopy of periodic achievement cards for two semesters from the previous university / field of study;
- Application for an electronic ID card (students from outside the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk).
- Payment for the card should be made by bank transfer only after receiving a positive decision to transfer. All data for the transfer can be found in the Student Panel in the Fees tab. If there is no fee charged in the Student Panel, please contact an employee of the Study Progress Section (STS) of the relevant field.
Deadline for submitting documents
The set of the above-mentioned documents should be submitted to the STS of the relevant faculty no later than 14 days before the beginning of the semester from which the student is going to start studying at the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk.
NOTE: An STS employee will contact the student concerning these documents.
- The candidate is obliged to read the transfer terms and conditions set out in the Regulations of the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk.
- Transfer is possible at the earliest to the second year of study.
- Transfer is not possible during the semester.
- The condition for the transfer is:
- presentation to the STS of the relevant faculty of the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk of the confirmation of the completion of the previous semester at the home university (e.g. indexes, certificate from the home university), no later than 7 days from the start of the new semester classes at the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk;
- fulfillment of all obligations towards the current university.
- After comparing the study programs of both schools, they can be designated under the so-called program differences, additional subjects to be passed during the studies